A dream day on the highest peak in Germany – even without skis or snowboard
At almost 3,000 metres (10,000 ft), the Zugspitze is Germany's highest mountain. It offers an experience which nobody can easily forget. Whether you are a nature lover, sun worshipper, skier or hiker, there is something here for everybody.
You'll gain a splendid impression of this unique mountain on the Zugspitz round trip. A description and map is given on our special round trip site
The mountain station entices you to rest a while in the panoramic surroundings of the recently refurbished summit lounge, enjoy a video presentation of the construction of the Zugspitz railway, or spend some time at Germany's highest internet terminals. From there you can send e-cards free of charge to anywhere in the world.
300 metres below the summit is the Zugspitz glacier, easily reached by the glacier cable car, where you'll find the SonnAlpin glacier restaurant with its sun terrace, sun loungers and glacier bar.
The Zugspitze, Germany's highest mountain at almost 3.000 m, is an unforgettable experience.
Round trip by cogwheel train, glacier and Eibsee cable car
- 4-country panoramic view
- secured climbing trail to the peak
- glacier tour with information
- highest chapel in Germany
- conference facilities
- sun terraces with loungers and glacier bar
- Zugspitze exhibition with films, photos and curious exhibits
- summit lounge
- weather station
- border crossing to Austria/Tyrol
- access and sanitary facilities suitable for the disabled
- Germany's highest Internet café